You data in your Personal Computer are very crucial and you won’t like to share it with anyone without your permission. But many times your data can be stolen by anyone using Pendrives, USB data storage without your knowledge.
Have you ever thought to protect your USB port so that no one can use your system’s USB port without your knowledge?
It’s very simple to disable PC USB port so that no one will be allowed to use USB port of your system without your permission. This will help to increase your system security.
Steps to disable PC USB port and increase system security:
- Use the shortcut key to start Run window i.e. Window+R. For more shortcut key to make your work easier you can check below link which has detailed explanation to each and every shortcut key in Microsoft window OS and still more such tricks are yet to come on this blog.
- In run window type command “regedit”as show in below screenshot and press OK. This will launch Registry Editor Window.
- If you are logged in with different user other than Administrator then it will ask for administrator permission, just grant permission and move to next step.
- In next window navigate to path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> SYSTEM >> CurrentControlSet >> services as shown in below screenshot.
- In services folder scroll down to find USBSTOR to get settings related to USB services provided in your system.
- Once you select USBSTOR folder you will get option to play a trick for which you have been waiting. In above screenshot there is Start option whose value is 3. Edit this value to 4 and make sure Hexadecimal is selected in same window and click on OK.
- Now you can close the entire window which you have opened while performing above steps. After this steps is performed successfully no will be able to access your USB port without your permission. Hence it increases security of your system.
- If you want to use USB port then follow same steps from 1 to 6 and change value of Start to 3. Simple! Isn’t it? 🙂
This is just a simple trick which you can use in your day to day life. If you have similar trick to share with my reader then please feel free to reply in below comment box or use my contact page.